Industrial Support Advocacy
The IEU can support our members on industrial issues in a number of ways.
The types of support we can offer include:
- Advice from Organiser or other professional staff.
- Advice from, or an interview with, an IEU nominated lawyer.
- Advice on, or provision of, written responses.
- Attendance and advocacy at meeting, investigation, tribunals, etc.
- Lodging and/or running applications before Fair Work Australia, South Australian Employment Tribunal, Teacher Registration Board and other tribunals or courts of competent jurisdiction.
- Where warranted and to the extent that the resourcing required is prudent, provide legal representation.
The IEU strives to achieve fair, reasonable and workable solutions to member’s industrial and professional issues. The appropriate level of support will be at the discretion of the Secretary.
The IEU will not provide advice to or advocate on behalf of non-members and will not advocate on any issues that predate a member’s financial membership.
Members may be given limited advice on pre-existing issues only after having been a financial member for a minimum of 3 months. The level of support provided will be determined on a case by case basis and is at the discretion of the Secretary.
For more information, please refer to our terms and conditions.